SWAPS display

How DO YOU display your SWAPS?

Postby sue_kohn@hotmail.com » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:50 am

I will be teaching a SWAP class.. and am VERY interested in unique ways to DISPLAY SWAPS... can YOU SHARE???? thanks, Sue
sue_kohn@hotmail.com

YARN NECKLACE TO Display SWAPS

Postby sue_kohn@hotmail.com » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:52 am

When I was at the SING on the MALL in DC this JUNE, I saw a number of folks wil braided necklaces to display their swaps.. Just wonder if anyone HAS done this.. THANKS ! pink
sue_kohn@hotmail.com

I work at a Day

Postby yackie4camp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:44 am

I work at a Day camp and we helped the girls make simple swap banners. We picked up sticks and took a 9"x 14" piece of felt and glued it over the stick. The girls then attached yarn to hang their swap banners. We also added tassels to the sides to decorate them a bit. This way they can add their swaps they get each year. I also have mine on hats that I've decorated.
yackie4camp

I have made a large

Postby aussie62 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:07 am

I have made a large tab, just like the ones we wear our pins on. I used yellow just like the Daisy tabs. I also used a dowel to hang the tab on and then I braided some yarn and this is what I used to hang my tab up with. I have my swaps on the tab, its really cute. The one I made is a little big so I am wanting to down size it, but will post a pic of it once it is completed..
aussie62

One of my Brownie moms

Postby yackie4camp » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:04 am

One of my Brownie moms actually purchased an extra sash and is putting the swaps on that.
yackie4camp

SWAPS display

Postby Mirth76 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:26 pm

I took a one yard piece of black fabric - mostly because it was what I had on hand- added lace to the bottom, and binding to the top. added loops to the top for a rod and an Iron on transfer in the middle. This was for the SWAPS the daughter and I got through Rock the Mall.
swapdisplay.jpg
swapdisplay.jpg (187.92 KiB) Viewed 7901 times
Mirth76

Lanyard Necklace or Tote Bag

Postby AstralV » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:52 pm

My daughter wears a braided lanyard for swaps to display and carries a tote bag covered in Swaps to trade.

And if the tote gets too covered, we pin a lanyard to the bag and pin more swaps to the lanyard.
AstralV

Tab banner!

Postby laura » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:24 am

I did the same - a yard of green cotton made two large banners - which are now 75% full! I used a branch for a campy feel and drilled two holes through it, adding some leftover ribbon to hang them. They were a hit and my Cadette sewed three for a Take Action Project - Council loved them!

Other girls have hats that weigh too much to be worn! There are a bunch of great ideas on here!

One woman (whose class I had attended) had her husband make two identical trays from two pieces of pegboard and 1x2s. These were hinged together and a latch attached. She threaded fishing line through the holes, and pinned swaps to the fishing line. Protects the swaps better. Good luck!
laura

We bought bucket hats for

Postby emuffett » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:13 pm

We bought bucket hats for all the girls (oriental trading or making friends are great places to get a bunch of them cheap). We used fabirc paint and put their names on the hats. My girls get a kick out of having the swaps on their heads.
emuffett

Return to Scouting Swaps